Monday, July 25, 2011

Parisian Ponderings...

First and foremost, Paris is a strikingly beautiful city.

That being said, I have a small issue with this city. Or, perhaps more accurately, the person who designed it. I'm convinced that a small peasant boy took a piece of charcoal and scribbled madly on a rock a thousand years ago, and they decided to use THAT as the plan for the roads. They make no sense. And as much as I would hate driving in Chicago, you could NEVER, EVER convince me to drive here. It's insane.   Like, run-for-your-life-every-car-has-dents insane. 6 "lane" roundabouts insane. 3 inches of parallel parking room insane.

With that out of the way, I'll go back to the "I love Paris" part of my rant. Although it may be dirty in some places, it really is a romantic city. The iron terraces that are styled to look like flowers and vines add to the charm of the pale buildings and winding streets. It didn't hurt to see several couples that had just been married strolling around, either.

Seeing the Eiffel Tower was amazing, and finally convinced my brain that we really are in Paris. Yay!

Also got to see the Moulin Rouge, which made my night. Much less impressive than I was expecting, but cool nonetheless.

I'm completely exhausted and will be seeing a cabaret show at the Crazy Horse tomorrow, so I'll get more writing done...soon-ish.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment