Thursday, July 14, 2011

Kiss Me, I'm Irish.

So Silke and I have arrived in Dublin, and we are combating this jet-lag the best way we know how: large doses of coffee (which is much stronger over here apparently) and stimulating philosophical conversations (probably not as stimulating as we think they are - we may be delirious). My body is quite confused about caffeine and sunshine at 3 am, but we're hoping to stay awake until tonight - about 12 more hours.

The plane ride from Chicago was great and went really fast. We got moved to "good seats" (more leg room) on the way, and actually slept for 2ish hours. As far as Ireland goes, I've decided that Irish accents are fantastic, and that I would love to steal a small Irish child for that reason.  Their whining sounds so much cuter. Dublin is a much flatter city than I imagined and we don't have a great view of it from the airport, but we did get a great view of some cliffs on the way in that were breathtaking.  That, combined with all of the advertisements in the terminal have convinced me that a trip to Ireland is a must sometime in the future.  Lastly, the fact that Bailey's is on every coffee menu in the terminal makes me smile. I figure 9 am is an appropriate drinking time here, but we haven't tried it...yet.

More later tonight if I'm still functional.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment