Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sex, Drugs, and Techno

Let me start by saying that I hate to stereotype. But I must say that Amsterdam has lived up to its reputation.

As far as the sex goes, there are more sex themed shops, museums, and brothels than you could every really need. The red-light district is quite the busy place with girls dancing in windows - most with platinum blonde hair and implants, beckoning the men inside.

 As far as the drugs go, I'm pretty sure my clothes smell like weed. You can smell it everywhere, and you can't go more than 2 blocks without seeing a "coffeeshop". There is an abundance of people who fit the stereotype of "hippie" walking around as well...dreadlocks and ponchos as far as the eye can see.

As far as the techno goes, I can hear it loud and clear from the hotel. Perhaps tomorrow we will venture out into it.







The canals that run through Amsterdam are beautiful, and provide boating as an alternative to biking. There are more bikes here than you can imagine - think Mackinaw Island on steroids.

Holland itself has also lived up to its reputation - there really are cute little windmills dotting the landscape...Fantastic.


More tomorrow.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment