Spain has been insanely busy, hot, and amazing. The week has flown by, and I'm not even sure where to start updating you...so I'll start with whatever comes to mind first.
First off, I should warn you that my English is suffering as a result of getting better at Spanish, so if my writing sounds awful it's not my fault.
I live behind a castle (Gibralfaro - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibralfaro ), about 15 minutes walk from the Malagueta beach (where Kristy lives), and 2 minutes walk from where Picasso was born. My host mom reminds me of my grandmother, except for the fact that she speaks absolutely zero English. I had a minor freak out on day one over that fact. She is an incredible cook, and yells at us when we don't give her enough time to pack us lunches. She seems to genuinely enjoy taking care of us. My roommate is fantastic, and we couldn't get along better. She's from Omaha and is like a sister I never knew I had. We have separate rooms, and share a bathroom. We have three dogs - Iha, Pepo, and Lily (pictures and better descriptions to come). We have no AC, and barely sleep at night because we're drowning in our own sweat. I have no internet at the house and therefore I walk down to the study abroad office to use theirs when I can. It doesn't hurt that they have AC either.
Malaga is beautiful, romantic, charming, and hot. All things that I love. We're pretty good at finding our way around at this point, and I think I even pass for being a local (until I open my mouth).
Classes are 5 hours a day and intense. My Spanish is already insanely better than it was a week ago, which makes me excited for the rest of the month.
My brain is overheated, and it's siesta time. Promise to start blogging more regularly now that I'm settled in. In the meantime, check out the new pictures!
x
No comments:
Post a Comment