- I've decided that I absolutely must live within a very short driving distance of a beach. (Walking distance preferably.) This 'going-to-the-beach-on-a-whim' thing is fantastic.
- I'm having a blast learning Spanish. It's been a while since I've been so motivated and passionate about learning something. My host mommy is even starting to understand me, so that's awesome.
- Speaking of my host mommy. My roomate and I have decided that we will be compiling a list for those of you at home called, "S%^& My Host Mom Says". My host mommy (Puri) has a fantastic sense of humor and loves to joke with us and tell us stories. The last conversation we had was about not having to speak the same language to hang out with someone - more or less, she said She attempts to stuff me at every meal, and I get scolded when I don't finish my plate. (She mumbles about me being too skinny as she cleans my plate when I'm done, and makes sure that I realize how disappointed she is in me.) I've started to feed the dog some of my food, but he's pretty picky about what he'll eat.
- I've acquired a Spanish stalker/bartender/guy who gives me flowers. He works at a local bar where we drink sangrias, and sent me a napkin flower the first night we were there. We went back the next night because all of the waiters were very entertaining, and promised to be back again. We headed there last night, and lo and behold, my bartender had a pink rose waiting for me. He apparently had gotten it days earlier to give to me.
- I'm going to miss getting extra dressed up each night when I come home. The locals here definitely go out every night dressed like it's a special evening. I enjoy it a lot, and am trying not to buy tons of new fancy dresses while I'm here.
- Time has absolutely flown here - I can't believe I'm two weeks in already. This city is incredible.
- I must emphasize one more time - I love my roomie. She is absolutely fantastic, and we couldn't have more fun if we tried. Our host mommy accuses us of being drunk because we giggle so much.
- The weather has cooled off some, but I can't wait to be spoiled with AC again. If I can live in Malaga in August without AC, I can live anywhere.
- We visited Alcazaba on Wednesday, and got some insanely cool pictures. It's so neat to be living somewhere where so many other people have been. This city is buried in history, and it was very evident at Alcazaba where there were mixes of Roman, Phonecian, and Moorish architecture.
- The cat calls that I was warned of have been increasing steadily as I've been here. Two theories on this: 1. I was really tired and looked scary when I first got here. 2. I got a lot sexier in a very short amount of time. I'm leaning towards theory 2.
- I've eaten the craziest things since I've been here, and am really embracing this "try-it-all-once"
attitude. It's been amazing. Sardine/anchovie/fish-with-scales-still-on-them, scampi, crab....and it's all been delicious.
- My calves look g-r-e-a-t from all the walking I'm doing. Seriously, about 2-3 hours+ of my day is spent walking around. I think I might miss that a little when I come home. I'll definitely miss the scenery here.
x
No comments:
Post a Comment